Instead of spending money we don’t have, buying something I’m not even real sure they will like, I decided to get a little creative this year…
Conversations Starters Booklet. I thought of 45 different random questions that don’t normally come up in everyday conversation (Ok I had a little help from this site) and made it into a little booklet.
This is a very easy, craft to make for Christmas. Great idea for married couples! I printed the questions below on some cardstock, punched a hole in the top and tied it all together with a cute ribbon.
I made one for my husband and I and we enjoyed going through some of the random questions on a date. We only made it past the first page so the book should last for several dates. Feel free to add more questions! Here are the questions I used if you want to make your own booklet:
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
- What’s your favorite song?
- What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
- What was your favorite cartoon or character as a kid?
- What’s the habit you’re proudest of breaking?
- What’s your favorite Web site?
- What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?
- What’s the best bargain you’ve ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?
- Where were you on September 11, 2001?
- Have you ever met a famous person?
- Tell me about interesting (non famous) person you have met?
- What do you order when you eat Chinese food?
- What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
- Marinara or Alfredo sauce?
- If you were a color what would you be?
- If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
- Have you ever experience a miracle?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- What did you have for lunch yesterday?
- Who do you go for advice?
- Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving?
- Have you ever been stung by a bee?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What’s the sickest you’ve ever been?
- What is your most and least favorite household chore?
- What did you do for your 13th birthday?
- Are you afraid of heights?
- Have you ever taken dance lessons?
- What’s is a book you have read that had a huge impact on you?
- Have you ever been to New York City?
- What’s the most memorable class you’ve ever taken?
- If you could go to Disney World with any celebrity alive today, who would it be?
- Do you prefer baths or showers?
- Sugarless gum or bubble gum?
- Do you have an scars?
- What’s your favorite breakfast food?
- If you had to eat the same thing everyday for a week what would it be?
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- Do you like guacamole?
- Tell me about your childhood crush?
- Name the first song that comes to mind to which you know all the lyrics. (Better yet, sing it)
- What’s the longest you’ve ever waited in traffic?
- Have you ever taken a picture in one of those little booths?
- How many states have you been to?
- If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?
Kids Phrase Picture
And my next homemade Christmas gift is ideal for grandparents. Especially those that live far away and don’t always know all the details of the child’s day to day life. I got a cute picture of one of our girls and with a little Photoshop knowledge (can be done in a number of programs) I posted little phrases that describe her…
Are you getting crafty this year? Share with us something you are making for Christmas!
linking to Sorta Crunchy, the Greenbacks girl, Life renewed, and a Delightful home